Calling All Stallholders!
canowindra@home committee is now calling for stallholders to register for this year’s Twilight Market, to be held on Saturday 29 September, 2018.
This year’s event has been moved forward to take advantage of an early October Long Weekend with lots of visitors expected to be in Canowindra.
We have the same location and format planned as previous years, the same wonderful jazz musicians and a new feature, Latin Dance demonstration by a local dance class.
If you would like to have a stall please click here to use the Registration form on our website.
We are pleased to announce that canowindra@home has partnered with the Canowindra branch of the Country Education Foundation of Australia to create a scholarship fund for young people of Canowindra to further their studies in the fields of agriculture, food and hospitality.
Applications are open from 1 August until 30 September.
We hhope to be able to announce some recipients at the Twilight Market on 29 September, so please pass the word and lets get some money where its needed most.
9 days to go until the Food, Wine and Jazz Twilight Market!
Applications have closed with really exciting stallholders lined up! This year’s Twilight Market features some great local food producers from town and bush.
- Jeremy Evans: Dorper Lamb from Cargo. Anyone who went to the recent Cargo Farmers Markets will know how good this is, and this time you can have a glass of Windowrie wine with it.
- Andrew Wooldridge and Margie Crowther from Rayz Organic Grazing, Canowindra: We all love their classic Morroccan lamb stew and cous cous with a red from Gardners Ground or Rosnay. facebook.com/rayzorganicgrazing
- Cheryl Walker from the Deli Lama: Serving up delicious Quiche and salad, hamburgers, and corn on cob. facebook.com/DeliLamaCanowindra
- Wood Fire Pizza matched with traditional bubbles from Graham and Jan at Tom’s Waterhole, Canowindra
- Dela and Grets with spiced beef kofta with Israeli pickled vegetables, tabbouleh, hommus and flatbread, matched with Wallington Wines
- Caddie and Anthhony from Antonio’s will represent Italy with their Pasta with Rosa Sauce matched with Antonios Pinot Noir and Pinot Gris, and also Milla Cordial.
- The canowindra@home committee will have their own stand featuring local asparagus and aoli, and local lemon and olive oil cake
- Local fig growers, the Stathams from Rosnay, will serve up their Figs in Syrup with yoghurt www.rosnay.com.au
- Fudge by Alison will be coming down from Orange with a load of our favourite local Fudge! www.fudgebyalison.com.au
- Glen Parker & Therese Willcott are regular stall holders whose local preserves, cakes, fudge, and pies are always popular.
- Falishia and Regina from De-lish-ous Cakes in Orange will be selling their cupcakes… Cant wait to try them! www.delishouscakes.com
- Abbie Morrissey from Canowindra will also have her Jam, preserves, relishes – try them out on a Deli Lama hamburger! facebook.com/AbbiesHomemade –
- Mick Thornett from Sagawa Coffee, Cowra, will keep you wired into the evening with his delicious locally roasted coffee. www.sagawa.com.au
- The usual local wine growers will be there of course: Wallington, Gardners Ground, Windowrie, Tom’s Waterhole, Antonio’s and Rosnay. www.winesofcowra.com.au
- From further afield a new Gin producer, Bluestill, from Young. www.bluestill.com.au
- Presenting the newest craft brewers in the region, Tamara and Pete from Pioneer Brewing Co, from Bowan Park. www.pioneerbrewing.com.au
- Roses! We are thrilled to have Beth Gordon from Eureka Plants, Canowindra, sharing their beautiful roses with us. www.eurekaplants.com.au
- Last but not least, for the kids: FACE PAINTING with Sarah Taylor facebook.com/sarahsCreativeSide
Rob and Dale from 2Tet in bathurst will be floating delicious Jazz tunes over Memorial Park and Gaskill St at this year’s Twilight Market.
2 TeT is Rob Shannon: Guitar ( Arabesk’, Straight Back fellows, Def Yeti ), and Dale Tuckey: Sax’s (Dale Edwards Quintet, EQD, House Band ).
2Tet play a wide brush stroke of Jazz, from classic Popular Jazz, Gypsy Jazz and Modern Jazz. They have been performing together for nearly a decade now, and have created a connection that is evident in the music. This is the heart of the art form, the essence of what makes improvised music so exciting. From the pumping drive of Django’s “Minor Swing” to the loose Blues of Coltrane’s Equinox, this is a sweet taste of Australian Jazz, and Straight from Central West NSW.
Rob shared some recordings with us just to get you in the mood… You can play them here: